By submitting an enrolment form and paying the Course Fees, or deposit (where applicable), the participant agrees to the below Terms and Conditions of Enrolment.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
- By accepting these terms the participant agrees to pay the Course fees (including GST) for the Course using the payment method selected on the enrolment form.
- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if he/she does not complete the Course.
- The duration of the Course is stated in the Voice for Teachers Course Description and/or advised at time of enrolment.
- Course commencement is the date upon which we receive your course fees in full.
- Participants are unable to graduate from their course until course fees have been paid in full.
- Course enrolment is complete when the participant has been issued a username and password for online course access/or sent course materials via another method;
- Course duration is effective from the date elearning access/access to materials is granted; and
- Course commencement is effective from the date elearning access/access to materials is granted.
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to an enrolment retroactively and must be added at the time of enrolment.
Course Materials, Access and Assessment
- Course Materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated in the course description, and are available for viewing online and may not be downloaded;
- The content of the online Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of Voice for Teachers. You may not reproduce any part of the online Course Materials without the prior written consent of Voice for Teachers;
- Course materials and course content are subject to change;
- Course materials are provided online via our Learning Management System (LMS) 24/7 or via alternative means. The eLearning site may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance. In the event that our elearning system becomes unavailable, course materials will be provided by another mode of delivery;
- Unit/subject codes located within our elearning system are for internal purposes only and do not appear on graduate certificates and/or unit/subject transcripts.
- All assessment must be submitted online via the elearning system;
- Unlimited enrolment/access is provided until the 6 months after course purchase.
Refunds and Course Withdrawal
Voice for Teachers does not provide refunds if you change your mind or choose the wrong service/product.
Should Voice for Teachers cancel a course for any reason, students enrolled at the time Voice for Teachers announces the cancellation will be entitled to a full refund, and this will incur no administrative charges or penalties.
Voice for Teachers Credit Voucher/Coupon Code Policy
All credit vouchers/discount coupons have the following conditions of use:
- Not redeemable for cash;
- Valid for one (1) use only;
- Coupon codes cannot be added retroactively; coupon codes must be used at the checkout;
- Coupons/vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons/credit vouchers;
- Coupon code can only be used in the time frame specified in the special offer.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we
have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have
access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification,
reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim)
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Upon enrolment into the course, we may use the content from your emails in our marketing materials and on our website testimonials page. Your identity will never be revealed; however, we will use your initials and your City. Please be assured that we respect your privacy and only comments related to course outcomes and student experiences will be mentioned.
Voice for Teachers Code of Practice
Voice for Teachers has responsibilities to you as a student to provide you with a quality of service that will assist you as much as possible in attaining your professional development certificate. We undertake to abide by all our policies and procedures.
Voice for Teachers agrees to:
- Provide a tax invoice;
- Provide login details to access the online Course Materials (or alternative access) and mark assessments and provide feedback where applicable on submitted assessment tasks;
- Provide unlimited tutor support via email throughout the enrolment;
- Issue a Certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course (if applicable). We will provide clients with the results of their assessment within 7-14 days of assessment submission/completion. Digital Certificates will be issued within 7 days of course completion (quizzes complete with an 80% average)
Students with Voice for Teachers are required to:
- Ensure that all the information provided to Voice for Teachers is accurate;
- Notify Voice for Teachers of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc.);
- Advise Voice for Teachers of any difficulties or problems they may experience with Voice for Teachers staff, procedures or training;
- Achieve satisfactory progress with their studies through participation and completion of assessments. Students are able to submit a quiz for marking three (3) times.
- In your interaction with administrative staff, learning consultants and tutor support (including, but not limited to telephone calls, emails and instant chats) you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully at all times. As a customer or student of Voice for Teachers, you agree that you shall not, under any circumstances, use abusive language or harass staff. Voice for Teachers reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes abusive language and harassment, and where that has occurred; and may, partially or completely, deny service to any infringing party.